The Friday E-Mail Extravaganza

Friday, April 15, 2005

The Friday E-Mail

Yes, you guessed it. Friday has returned to us once more. You’d think that weeks were cyclical at the rate this is going!

But still, it feels like this week has gone on forever. As memories of the Easter break fade rapidly behind us, it’s been one of work and, well, it feels as if we’ve been back for some time once again. Routine is the only way forward though.

The weekend, with the return of the climbing trip, brought home shocking news, but that’s been overplayed now. So, I’ll veer away from the topic, although, they do need a collective name. Proposals have included Cat-with-a-C and Parkey and Claddon. But we do need to decide on one, and your suggestions are most welcome. Oh, and neither of the two in question have a say over it. This is all at the hands of your friends! You can trust us though.

Still, the weekend, being a sunny one, closed the holidays on an absolute high for me, probably not doing all the work I should have done but still got through everything to a T and none of us were caught out on returning. Apart from Mr P, who took a huge hit of maths papers to mark. Lucky guy! Still, the return to school was fun, seeing everyone again and getting the mid morning coffee and toast run back into the great swing of it all. As I bounced my way through Monday lessons, and then Tuesday lessons, the week was passing by on the high that the weekend had started, and it was showing very little signs of slowing. The news that I’d won gold in the Chemistry Olympiad, scoring 49 out of 60 (not that I’m bragging!) and £15 of WHSmith vouchers in the bargain, only helped me keep bouncing along!

Wednesday was a non-entity for Kyle and I at any rate, with 7 out of 8 free periods to do nothing with! And the one time I wanted to have some time – lunchtime – I was stuck in a chemi lab preparing for the coursework re-run next Wednesday afternoon. Lit and Deb was apparently depleted, but made for some neat comments; “The vote was 4 to 4 to 3, with 6 people holding hands!” Although, the discussions about which way for Rachel to go can be classed as worrying at the least. Griffiths or Scotty? The choice is simple for me. **smirks**

Thursday brought yet more joy to us all, with even more frees, more violin music and even the odd laugh! It’s all go for us all!

Friday, me and my fellow form members were brought down to Earth with a bump as Dr T, had the discussion that was necessary, but threw everything else into a sharper focus. As plans for uni are being finalised and only four and a half weeks remain at Bolton School, with the structured life we’re used to before being thrown into exams, which for me are just under 9 weeks away, and then into the big bad world out there, where a definite structure will be for us to decide, no one else. Still, I’m looking forward to the change.

And then in the evening I got my first turn behind the wheel of my parents’ Scenic. It was great fun, more powerful than I expected but manoeuvrable enough for the purpose. I’ll get used to it in the end though.

And the weekend can only get better from here on in! The weather might just pick up, work isn’t all too pressing, and news keeps on coming in. With the Leavers’ Ball on the 31st May being announced, as far as I can tell, today, the count down to the end of our time in school has really begun. So, let’s enjoy it while it lasts! These people we may never see again!

Bye for now, and have a ball!

Paul

PS: May I thank those who have posted on my blog for posting. And I encourage you to keep it up, as my replies will become more elaborate as time gets on.

15 Comments:

  • . ...you wouldn't happen to be rubbing in that I wont be allowed to drive for years now are you? **arms crossed** ;p
    good to hear that your replies are going to get more elaborate! can't wait!! will you then tell scotty the secret abut licking one's elbow? I hope not! you'd take away all my fun! **licks elbow** (imagination is something where one can do anything) ;p

    By Blogger Adriana, at 9:41 pm  

  • A little plea for help

    does anyone know how to act like a king? or even just like a male? help!
    I tried to "act big" as someone tolled me to only I was laughed at **sniff** O and if anyone has ideas as how to dress as a male king then you'd be a lot of help as well
    an actress stretched to it's limits
    Addy

    P.S. Paddon just said :” *hits Adri over the head*” to me! **sob** is this really expectable?!!

    By Blogger Adriana, at 2:54 pm  

  • Another nicely written e-mail Paul, that's all I need to say! See you Monday.

    Jonah

    By Blogger Scotty, at 10:17 pm  

  • call them 'it' or 'them over there'

    By Blogger Scandal Press Editor in Chief, at 2:02 pm  

  • Mr C's parents get to see watch his hands tonight, aren't they lucky! I thought it was really funny that he tried everything he could to make sure there wasn't a spare seat next to me at the match

    By Blogger chris, at 6:10 pm  

  • He's a lonely piece of work, not wanting to do things on his own. I'm half glad he tried to get someone sat next to you though, Chris.

    I'd be careful though, you never know where his cradle snatching hands are going to slip next! Ah-ha!!

    By Blogger Paul, at 8:35 pm  

  • mwah hahaha he needs to sort himself out first he seems to be somewhat lost

    By Blogger Scandal Press Editor in Chief, at 11:34 am  

  • Why on earth do I get this odd feeling, everytime on a Thursday morning, that it may be finally the Friday I had been waiting for all week, just to kick back and relax for a while until the following Monday? Why is it not therefore, a Friday today? Can someobody (preferable someone with authority) like Rick take this matter into their own hands and change this, so we no longer have this tiring, irritating school day on a Thursday. Any feed-back or action would be most welcome!

    Jonah (very tired and bored on a Thursday)

    By Blogger Scotty, at 12:51 pm  

  • Just to take note, I don't dislike Thursdays (as I was actually born on the day of the week) but at school, it's so annoying!

    Jonah (trying to clarify my pointless rage!)

    By Blogger Scotty, at 12:52 pm  

  • today was actually really good, so i don't see what you're complaining about, lol. Wasn't the Feeder time amazing?

    By Blogger chris, at 5:38 pm  

  • thursdays really are great
    i think we should arrange a meeting every thursday at the lion 8pm-10pm

    By Blogger Scandal Press Editor in Chief, at 9:39 am  

  • hmmm I dono if I'd be able to make it every thursday. ;p just a little random q does this site belong to paul ...or to scotty? if you were to put all the (amusing and wonderful) comments scotty posted together ...would it then be more, less or exactly as much as paul has written on this wonderful site? Mind you it's the excitant mix of the two that really makes it! but I think that scotty needs some credit for all that he has done here. a hip hip hooray for (one of) the ickle one(s) !

    By Blogger Adriana, at 2:59 pm  

  • Let me confirm that this blogger site does not belong to myself, but as a contributor (well that's the job description) I feel the need to chip in and comment as much as I can. Thanks for the recognition though! Keep posting your comments, it makes it more interesting for all readers too.

    Jonah

    By Blogger Scotty, at 10:25 am  

  • "well that's the job description"
    wait! you mean that that's a job description?!! shouldn't we be being paid then? and I take my work seriously, I'm good at team work and ..uhh (cant think of anything that might get me more extra points)!! WE should be paid!!! What do you think? how much should we ask for? ;p

    By Blogger Adriana, at 7:57 pm  

  • Look Adriana, I think we shouldn't go on that pathway and demand money for our efforts. Let's think of it the other way round - we don't have to pay to make our thoughts known! It's a free ride, and at Paul's expense! *cheeky grin*

    Jonah

    By Blogger Scotty, at 2:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home