The Friday E-Mail Extravaganza

Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Friday E-Mail

Hello to one and all of my special furry little friends.

Yes, it’s that time of the week again, but two days late. I know, I’m sorry for the delay, but I was out the last couple of nights, which scuppered the Friday E-Mail going out on the Friday or the Saturday. But, here it is, in all its glory!

What a week it’s been though. It really has flown by in the blink of an eye, and taking stock of a week’s worth of events is tricky, but I’ll do my best.

Last weekend saw my Parents’ Silver Wedding Anniversary, and with it a hell of a lot of drinking. A mere 20 bottles of wine, 60 bottles of lager and 33 pints of Boddingtons were consumed over the evening, with so little soft drink it doesn’t really fit. But, as we still eat the leftovers, the left over drink is yet to be drunk. Good news, eh?

Moving swiftly on though, the Melbourne Grand Prix was a disappointing race, with confusion galore, and a different winner than a Ferrari! Yes, Giancarlo Fisichella took only his second race win ever in the Renault to go top of the championship, and my Grandma won the race and the £2 that came with it in the Fantasy F1 Competition. I came second, and I still stand by the fact that the fantasy championship is not fixed, even if the money did stay within the family in the season opener, much like last year!

The week brought with it the same challenges as the weeks prior, with work at a more or less stagnant level.

At Lit and Deb, the floor was lacking in speakers, with Miss Noden doing most of the work, as other people’s absences were duly noted. Rose did well chairing over such a quiet debate, and the speakers, even if I say so myself, weren’t half bad. On the musical heroes thing though, speakers are always welcome, so do not hesitate to come forward and suggest yourself for the job. A balloon debate is the perfect one to go in for, it’s more light hearted than most of the time.

But, results day on Thursday saw a magnificent pick up of spirits, as everyone enjoyed at least one good result in it all. And that feeling stayed well into the weekend for most.

Friday saw the most fun from the entire week though.

As James Appleyard shaved his long blonde locks for Comic Relief, to become a skinhead again, raising no less then £250 in the process, preparations were going into preparing for the night time, as a food run by Mr James and Chris was in process. It was a good fun night, with a few friends, a couple of DVDs and lots of beer, not forgetting the 2 a.m. pancakes! A very quiet affair, really, but a thoroughly enjoyable one at that.

This weekend has been another quiet one though, with the end of West Side Story as the “highlight”, I’m hoping to find more to comment on next week.

Oh, I forgot the main highlight. The FA cup! As United romped through with a 4-0 victory, to join Blackburn and Newcastle in the semis, Bolton lost 1-0 to Arsenal. But, I’m sure I’ll be told why they should have won on Monday. **smirks**

But, with the new format of The Friday E-Mail to be launched in a mere ten minutes, I’ll leave it at this for now.

See you all on Monday or after.

Paul

2 Comments:

  • I forgot to tell you on that Monday, but Bolton lost because we weren't good enough with 10 players...simple as that.

    Jonah

    (The referee was also a bit poor) hehe

    By Blogger Scotty, at 8:19 pm  

  • Always blaming the ref, eh Scotty-boy! Hehe!

    By Blogger Paul, at 9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home