Well, how do you sum up a week like this one in plain English alone? It’s a difficult task to say the least, but one which I will try – it’d be cowardly not to, after all.
First things first – Monday – a few of us went to see the final day of cricket at Old Trafford. With tens of thousands being turned away at the gates – even when we arrived – we were very lucky to get in. Indeed, it was down to Laura’s brother queuing more than an hour before us that we got in at all! The atmosphere was electric, cheering with nearly every ball bowled, and the entire crowd on its feet in the final few overs as the third test in The Ashes series came to another nail biting climax. We needed only one wicket. Both batters were tail-enders. We had a chance. We just couldn’t take it. Still, a draw keeps the series level with only two tests left.
Tuesday was quieter – much quieter – as most chose to stay in a have a small break in the hectic week.
Wednesday was perhaps the most nail-bitingly nerve racking day of our lives. The day before results day, everyone was thinking ‘What if..?’ questions to themselves whilst trying to remain calm. It doesn’t happen though! The drinks at The Lion were much needed to soothe the nerves as we joined that 10% of students turning to drink as the solution to their nerves. The pool was funny, as I scored the flukiest shots you’ll ever see whilst still getting beat! That game should have been mine Chris!
Then came the day that would change everything. Thursday.
Results day is never much fun, as it’s always safe to expect the unexpected. On the whole though, there were reasons to celebrate, even if it was to celebrate the end of seven (or more) entire years at Bolton School.
The night out was supreme though. First we found Jonny Lee to join the celebrations after finding him strolling across Exchange Square. The warm-up drinks at The Oyster Bar were great fun, as we got to watch half the group traipse downstairs with I.D. to prove their age, whilst Chris, James H and I sat there with drinks because they didn’t I.D. me! **cackles** Then the meal at The Rice Bowl was perfect. The food was faultless and served in what seemed to be a reasonably Chinese way. It was delicious and there was impossible to find fault with it. Ribs, fish, duck, chicken, beef, king prawns – we had the lot! The toasts were impeccable as I provided the sarcasm as only I could whilst Kyle set us up with a planned and prepared toast to shed light onto the forgotten elements of the night. Then it was onto the Norwegian Blue for more drink. Cocktails, beer, shooters and even Sambucca for those who could stomach it – shame on you Clarkey! After a couple of hours, we were getting rowdy so decided to move on and have a minor trek (led by the one and only Mr James Hannah) to the Northern Quarter before heading back to Deansgate for a final drink at a pretty dead Revolution. Still, the run for the train at Piccadilly capped off a great night in Manchester.
Friday was well upon us by the point we managed to sort out the Scotty Fun Bus and the other taxi before eventually crashing at James’s house – seven of us – cementing a truly memorable night to the scriptures. Even the impeccably cooked half-English breakfast by Clarkey fitted well with the night before and the celebratory tone of affairs.
I’ll leave it here though – I think.
Happy birthday to both Rambo and James Clarke who had their birthdays on Wednesday and Thursday respectively.
Good luck to those receiving GCSE results next week – but we know you wont need it.
And finally, to quote a midly tipsy Kyle:
“This summer has been a good one. The best summer of our lives. But this toast I propose to bloody good friends!”
And you know what? I think he might be onto something there.
El Paulo
3 Comments:
Great e-mail there Paul! I will comment properly and give you something in the form of feedback soon. Until then, I want to read more comments for everyone else on this fine website!
Jonah
By
Scotty, at 5:18 pm
I did indeed read it but can't commentas my mind is currently on my own life wrenching delemas the current one being one thet the lot of you will never have to face again!-namely going back to school!!!!!grraaahhh you lucky chaps!
By
Adriana, at 4:01 pm
Just on behalf of everyone who's just left school, he's something for you Adriana...hopefully it may cheer you up...
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Did I mention hehe?
Jonah
By
Scotty, at 9:47 am
Post a Comment
<< Home