The Friday E-Mail Extravaganza

Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Friday E-Mail - On A Sunday Again? I'm Afraid So!

Hello to one and all of my readers, as I threaten to expand onto a whole new realm of people. Still undecided on it so far though, few people can understand my bitter ramblings as it is.

I’ll be honest, this might be slightly rushed, but better rushed than released on a Tuesday so as not to clash with a rival publication.

I’ll keep fighting on though, as I sit here bemused from such a grand prix as I’ve never seen ever before. A six car race? It was a farce in the highest proportions. Dubbed by other highly placed commentators as ludicrous, and very unhappy Americans shouting, booing, whistling and throwing bottles of water or cans of beer onto the racetrack in such a dangerous and utterly brainless manner!

I’m going to gloss over as much as I possibly can, and save it for a better thought out and more considered post on http://thursdaythought.blogspot.com. You’ll have to wait until Thursday for that, I think. Depends on how my revision goes, to be true.

Right, so the week in statements:

Rachel’s party – good, very good indeed. Party poppers were an excellent idea!

Opening exam of General Studies – a bit of fun, really. Tricky in places, alright in others, more or less balanced, although the Falkirk Wheel is a force to be reckoned with. A beautiful piece of engineering if there ever was one.

Phys 5 exam –interesting and more special and new than ever before.

R.E.M. on Friday – Immense. Truly and simply. The Zutons were fantastic in support, Idlewild and Feeder not so much. (Even Feeder fans were forced to admit it was not a good night for the lead singer, who was pretty bad and had to keep asking the audience to sing-a-long.) Mikey-Mikey-Michael was on form as ever, a real show man on top form, and it was fantastic to be part of the audience which he could command so effortlessly, taking the audience from a pool of energy, stun them into silence and then get them jumping and singing again so shortly after.

Kat’s birthday party – another great gathering, but time I fear to concentrate on the exams before the next group coming together – July 2nd, isn’t it?

And finally, many happy returns to The Lady of Burma, Aung San Suu Kyi. As ‘The Outsiders’ was beamed out to Burma this very afternoon from where REM were playing in Scotland, I’d like to take the initiative in wishing her a good 60th birthday, yet another under house arrest, and I join many others in remembering this forgotten ‘Mandella of Asia’ and urge something to be done for her release. It’s time Burma had a democratic government to ratify that 1990 election at long last.

Still, I must dash now, P5 exam tomorrow! Hurrah!!

Ta taa or now

Paul

8 Comments:

  • I make all solemn apologise if I duplicate Scotty's Superb Saturday Special. But, time is short at the moment! Sorry folks!

    By Blogger Paul, at 10:02 pm  

  • *twidles thumbs* That's quite alright Mr Shepley, I thought it was once again a great round up of an eventful week! Nice to see you didn't infringe on other days' rights to submit their issues and my lawyers are satisfied by your approach!
    To the e-mail, please tell me more about this F1 fiasco, as the Americans appear not to appreciate anything which they don't have in their typical sports culture... not quite NASCAR, so they may dislike it for, let's say, its difference!

    We do have exams, yeah but I think we all know what's ahead of us..it's just nice to have that small break in between the 2 weeks. Good luck with the P5, Paul and co.

    Jonah

    By Blogger Scotty, at 12:27 am  

  • this is really getting annoying I'd love to say some thing to this post but I can't cus I wasn't there and the only think I can say about cars is that ferrari rules all. I was gona wait till more people had written something and then maybe be able to get something in there but no one's written!!!!! (well other than the fabulous scotty)

    By Blogger Adriana, at 10:07 pm  

  • hey everyone! just want to say thanks all for coming, hope you have a good time, i did and i hope to see you all soon, well i guess it will be at scotts on saturday. it just seems to be one gathering after another recently! thanks for the great email paul, do you think you could have got any more cat jokes in my present and card though? :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:01 pm  

  • I never thought at all that I would see this comments section again, but yep, here it is. Listening to some soothing irreplaceable REM music, this really is making my night, just to see this legendary publication on the web again. AWESOME, I'll shout it electronically if I may. WAHOOOO and all that!

    Jonah in delight

    By Blogger Scotty, at 8:54 pm  

  • Oh, sister Kat, I hope you aswell as everyone who could make it enjoyed mine last Saturday. I thoroughly enjoyed your gathering on your B'day too, good stuff.

    However I have some bad news, and I regret to inform you mine was not very good...no way as good as this weekend's will be! And sis, if you can't make them, we'll have a few toasts in your honour.

    Jonah

    By Blogger Scotty, at 8:56 pm  

  • Yeah it sure is awesome to have this back!! and hey shouting all alone isn't much fun so I think I'll join ya scotty! WOOHUUUUUUUU!!!! THIS IS FAAAABULOUSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Adriana, at 9:49 pm  

  • YAY, WAHOOOOOOOO Where's our balloons and other such decorations??

    This site is, I shall stress again, AWESOME! Keep up the random cheers and/or abuse!

    Jonah

    By Blogger Scotty, at 12:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home