Greetings!
This is being written slightly earlier on in the day than it normally is, and in very different circumstances too. But it will be written and published, because Friday would not be complete without it.
The pace of the party season was well sustained with one of the best bashes yet being held at the Paddon’s’s’s’s’s on Monday night to celebrate the great Chris’ 18th birthday. Who’d have thought he’d make it 18? We all thank you for what was a fantastic night with great food, masses of drink and utterly stupendous company. Lenny enjoyed his night out, too!
Wednesday saw one of the biggest Manchester trips we’ve tried to throw, but at only 10 people, it wasn’t the biggest by far. Still, I think fun was had by all, and I did buy far too many CDs to be healthy for myself, but its all part of the fun. For the record, I spent Laura and Rachel’s HMV voucher on The Coral – Invisible Invasion. Quite a neat double album for a tenner. The cinema trip was great too, from paying (Only £1.80 for two of us) to see Mr and Mrs Smith - action but with enough humour thrown in to keep the laughs coming throughout. And to round off the sunny day of sandwiches in Piccadilly Gardens, constant heat and great company, closing the balmy afternoon in The Café Nero Sky Bar seemed more than fitting.
Thursday saw the return of the choir tour to Prague, bringing Rachel and Rose back into our midst – and just in time to see the weather breaking too. It’s a nice cool temperature now, compared with the barmy heat of the past few days. And, as Rose takes off to Tenerife for four weeks, we wish her well, but Rachel stays in sunny Bolton, which is always good. And, barely have the choir returned before the Concert Band disappears off to Holland at the very sociable time of 1am. That was a nice night! So may I say to all those going away, including my darling sister, have fun and enjoy it to the full.
And now it’s Charlie’s party for the sake of a party tonight. It sounds like its going to be an immense night, with a huge BBQ, masses of drinks (which are being pre-mixed by him and Sophia from what I can make out), some good music (if we bring it! Hehe!) and great company as always. You just can’t fault the prospects of a night like this.
That’s the nice bit over. It would be ignorant on my part to let this subject slip by unnoticed and unrecognised. There is trouble a-brewing in the group, and it could well get much worse before it gets better. I keep on chipping in here and there, but if I’m making any difference is beyond me. All I want to say here though is that solidarity may seem noble at times, but it is never the answer. This will not go away with ignorance of the problem, or ignoring the people who have brought the problem to the top of the agenda. This needs solving, and the only way to solve it is to approach the people face to face and practice what you preach. Please, for the sake of us all, let’s avoid another summer of discontent. It wasn’t pleasant last year, and it wont be pleasant this year at this rate!
For more details, don’t ask me.
See you all soon. I’ve still got some money left to spend, so just arrange something and I’ll be there!
Ta taa for now
Paul
2 Comments:
so just arrange something and you`ll be here? hmmm good to know!!!
...
let`s see... there would the the trip to the pariesian red light district... I`m not exactly signed up for that but that could always be arrainged, then there`s the manicure and pedicure thing my room mate is insisting on taking me to (cus I`ve never been) aaaaaannd hmmm what other fun things are w doing that I`m SURE you`ll enjoy? well QUITE a bit really ... after all we`re all light headed ignorant girls, sure youd have a lot of fun ;p
just pop on over anyone who wants to!!! ;p
**see? tolld you my iq went up!! O and it just keeps on raisig!* .P
xxx
By
Adriana, at 12:00 pm
Nice quote, but I don't remember Sophia ever saying that? Hmmm, how much had yo both drunken by that point.
Note to self, when one is sober, it's frightfully easier to remember the bizarre antics of others.
When one is drunk, it's equally hard to remember the antics of oneself!
Confused?
Good!
Jonah
By
Scotty, at 8:30 am
Post a Comment
<< Home