It Finally Happened!!
Well it had to happen, didn’t it?
Six months of speculation.
Four months of a sweepstake.
And finally, our best efforts have finally come to fruition!
Kyle and Soph are now, at long last, as one.
This breaking news is brought to you by the one person who probably aggravated them the most in their “courtship” and was very pleased when they decided to stop sharing their tongues to tell him the glorious news. As I bounce about at my desk, leaving my friends in confusion as I ran down the stairs shouting “It’s finally happened!” back at them to explain my sudden disappearance.
A six month crescendo to the inevitable lead to a sweep stake in their third month as we got tired of them saying there was nothing going on. Something had to break, and we nearly all put money on that fact. Expecting it to run and run, and Pete Thornley to collect the entire 70 pence jackpot after 12 months, no one gave second thought to the glorious sweepstake. But now, only four months in, we have a winner. Or, well, a pair of winners.
Rose and Niksa lay their claim to the entire 70p winnings fund to be shared equally between them. We make it about a Mars bar each, you’ll be glad to know. Monies will be collected and dished out again over the glorious Christmas period, but I’m off to buy some random people drinks for random people who they don’t know!
Bask in the news and don’t forget to offer them your congratulations.
See you at Christmas!
Paul

3 Comments:
PAUL ENOUGH!!!!
By
clarkey, at 2:28 am
OK, I'll admit that my blanket blogging was a little too much, and I have tried to correct that. It only seems like you and Scott managed to read them all. Well, see where they all were at least. It's just I was that excited about it all last night. Even my new friends down here were happy about it!
By
Paul, at 10:39 am
we read them at about 2am after finishing watching the DVDs
By
clarkey, at 2:02 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home